Unity of Being

P1000756

Carl Sagan, Astrophysicist:

“We are all star stuff.”

Professor Brian Cox, Particle Physicist:

“Every atom of carbon, every living thing on the planet is produced in the heart of a dying star.”

Sergio Toporek, Artist:

The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star.”

Dr. J.S. Bell, Quantum Physicist:

“No theory of reality compatible with quantum theory can require spatially separate events to be independent.”

Richard Dawkins, Evolutionary Biologist:

“Organisms can never be totally unrelated to one another, since it is all but certain that life as we know it originated only once on earth… Go backwards, no matter where you start, you end up celebrating the unity of life…”

The Beatles, Musicians:

“I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.”

Russell Targ, Physicist and ESP researcher and Dr. Jane Katra:

“… connection has been demonstrated repeatedly on the microscopic quantum level in experiments where pairs of photons (quanta of light) are sent off in opposite directions at the speed of light, but retain a connection, even after traveling many kilometers, whereby a change in the polarity of one photon observed by a researcher in Basel causes a corresponding change in the other photon observed by a researcher in Zurich.”

Joanne Elizabeth Lauck, Author of The Voice of the Infinite in the Small:

“… small changes in dynamic systems produce changes of great magnitude… small events emerging out of this wholeness give rise to nonlocal events, because all is connected.”

Albert Einstein, Theoretical Physicist:

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

******************************************

Scientists and artists agree.  We are all one.  They just use different vocabulary.

In my tiny life, I have only found the experience of connectivity demonstrated twice. Once, when my father died in hospital across town from where I was working and I “felt” his death at the minute of his dying. I “knew” it. And the other, when my brother collapsed suddenly in Michigan from what was later determined to be lung cancer, and I lost my balance and fell simultaneously in New York City.

Of course, there are the little syncronicities: thinking of someone and then seeing them a few moments later or dear ones calling each other at the exact same minute, or saying the same thing at the same moment, thinking the same thoughts simultaneously, etc.

It is not just family and those close to usthat are connected to one another in this life (and perhaps in previous lives), but all of life is tied to one another, born of a dying star, born of star-dust material. And yet so often we see the “other” as foreign.  As Einstein so eloquently said, this is the “optical delusion” of our consciousness.

We are all connected. Not by cell phones and computers and the social networks, but by the very building blocks that compose us. And, if we can rise above the everyday pettiness, a Herculean feat to be sure, and feel the one consciousness that flows through us all, we could tap into a limitless ocean of empathy, and a unity of being.

It’s magical.

February 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM

• Yes, it a magical mystery how it works because we understand so little about the connection. Thanks for reading and commenting.

February 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

2. Great Post, thank you for bringing all these quotes together. Sometimes wondering how the long distance connector works …

February 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM

• Thank you, a hard post to do because it is entwined in another one that I am having trouble with, too.

You zoom in with analysis, wondering how it works, this long distance connector. In studying Reiki I learned that scalar waves” go beyond distances, but I didn’t even send you a reference because that is summarily dismissed as a pseudo scientific theory.

I wonder how it works, too, and marvel that it does. But then, in terms of ESP, dogs and other animals, like parrots, according to Rupert Sheldrake, can read our minds. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake He is summarily dismissed as pseudo-science, too.

And it goes way further than just ESP into quantum physics with J.S. Bell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_theorem

But I am not a physicist unfortunately so cannot decipher the findings. A guy named Russel Targ is also studying things like remote viewing. This is easier to read than the above links: http://www.espresearch.com/

February 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM

• I own “The Sense of Being Stared At” by rupert sheldrake, and enjoyed reading all of it. Often doing experiments on it, and it works only with ‘real’ desire. You cannot fake the experiment. I always had dogs around, and I know that they have this ‘long distance connector’ too.
        Whether this ‘connector’ will ever be described by physics, I doubt. I only see abuse when I think of science’s first applications always having military purposes, so I hope nobody will ever be able do design a device to read my ‘long distance desires’.
        I don’t know anything about reiki. Somebody from Norfolk really got met interested in chakras, since she always hits the nail on the top.
        I noticed that when there are 10 genuine masters of chakras, reiki, .. you name it, 1000 others claim to be without knowing at all what they are doing, even without knowing what they are supposed to do. This charlatanism has existed as long as man exists. Discernment is important.
        The sceptic will dismiss everything he can disprove .. until he has an uncureable disease.

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 AM

• Thank you for commenting. Sheldrake is one of my heros and teachers. I don’t care if Wikipedia dismisses him as pseudo-science. Wikipedia is arch conservative. They dismiss Reiki has having no medicinal value when it is currently used in hospitals. It may only have palliative value but that is certain. I have given Reiki to animals who respond to it instantly. One dog followed me around so I would give it to her. I have had remarkable results with some people and one man I will never forget, had never heard of it but was open to receiving it. He was the relative of a victim of 9/11 and we had a fantastic session and he said at the end: “What was THAT?” although I had explained to him before. He told me that was the first rest he had had since the tragedy occurred.

What is Reiki? It is a light touch form of therapy using “chi”, “ki”, “Prana”– whatever you want to call it… energy, the life force through the light application of the hands on various points of the body, many of which are acupuncture points and are connected to the chakras. There is also a form of distant healing. Some say it originated in India but it was rediscovered in the sutras by a Japanese man, Master Usui and then spread to the West as well.
        I don’t care what Wikipedia says. I will believe Sheldrake is on to something of major importance– and in the value of Reiki. I wish I understood physics because I am sure one day physicists will sort this all out.

February 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

3. Very interesting site. Genie is here too. She is such an adorable person. A heart of gold.
    I really love some of those quotes.
    I shall stop by and see what you are up to. Thank you for visiting me as well.
    Namaste

March 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM

• Thank you. Yes, I think Genie is great. Glad you liked the quotes.
      Namaste,