When God Cries

When God cries

his tears gently touching

the ailing, flailing earth

scintillating stardust falls

to the wintered ground below

twinkling diamond-lets

tinkling the ground

tingling the ears

with a crinkling sound

sparkling the trees

in light bright white

blanching our sins

reaching out to us by

transforming our eyes

with a bejeweled sight.

1. lyrical and lilting

January 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM

• Thank you, Paul! Hope today finds you well and full of words to write.

January 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

2. beautiful small film and words!

January 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM

• Thank you, Bert. God is crying a lot right now in New York City. And with good reason.

January 21, 2014 at 4:42 PM

3. Awww this moved me to weep. So beautiful indeed.

January 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

• Oh, I am sorry for the tears but thank you for your profound reaction.
      Love, Ellen

January 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

4. Universe is everywhere, hence no center to point, or direction to send our thoughts of despair. I have noticed that It listens to the deepest cries of our soul. It teaches us how to find our own food, but only seldom feeds us freely.

January 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM

• this comment is destined to prayer of despair (made a mistake — concentration low)

January 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

• No problem. I am very grateful for any of your comments.

January 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I don’t relate to the word ‘sin’, it’s too catholic. Sin, in its archaic meaning means: to be off target. [a hunting analogy, which I don’t like, however, much less offensive than the catholic sin thing].

January 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM

• Sorry you find the word “sin” offensive. I am writing from my experience being brought up Catholic and Protestant. I still believe in sin although I think of it differently than in the Catholic sense. Thank you for your comment. Our differences add interest.

January 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM

• Genie

I don’t find the word offensive, it’s just a word that I can’t relate to. Sin, in its archaic meaning, is more compassionate because if one is ‘off target’ or ‘off the mark’ they can adjust their behavior. Whereas, “sin” in the catholic terminology, is riddled with guilt and shame.
        Not that some actions are not worthy of guilt and shame, however, many just need better direction.

January 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM