Animal’s “Eternal Treblinka”

Whales are highly intelligent sentient creatures and they do care about humans.  Humans who have saved whales caught in fishing nets have remarked on the displays of gratitude whales have shown in response to being saved.   Watch the following 2 minute video to see that innocent caring in action of whales for humans.

Meantime man hunts whales in one of the most cruelest of all animal  hunts. Watch this 2 minute video to see how much we care about whales who, bear in mind, have larger minds than ours and obviously larger hearts.  The reality of the kill is much more gruesome and hideous than this video portrays.  But this is bad enough.

Famous author, Issac Bashevis Singer wrote about the cruelty of man against animal.  In an epigraph to a character he had written about who had a relationship with a mouse, this is what Singer wrote: “In his thoughts, Herman spoke a eulogy for the mouse who had shared a portion of her life with him and who, because of him, had left this earth. “What do they know–all these scholars, all these philosophers, all the leaders of the world–about such as you? They have convinced themselves that man, the worst transgressor of all the species, is the crown of creation. All other creatures were created merely to provide him with food, pelts, to be tormented, exterminated. In relation to them, all people are Nazis; for the animals it is an eternal Treblinka.

–Isaac Bashevis Singer, “The Letter Writer”

And listen to the words of the great Dalai Lama on animal cruelty…

“Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.  Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.
–The Dalai Lama

1. thank you on behalf of all the animals. Great quotes and thoughts.

July 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM

2. Couldn’t bring myself to watch the second. It’s a travesty that some nations still feel it is acceptable to hunt such wonderful creatures – beyond travesty that they feel they can do so under the cover of “scientific research”. 😦

July 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM

• You said it!!! A travesty it is for sure. Thanks for writing!

July 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM

3. I have seen this before. It just breaks my heart. Whales are such amazing creatures.

July 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM

4. klacierthevegetariansnowleopard

Thanks for the post. I’m still appalled by the fact that we so-called ‘civilized’ people are still butchering whales for no good reason whatsoever. And yet after everything, it still appears that the whales themselves have forgiven us. I need to get some copies of Issac’s books. From what I can recall, I think that this parents where killed in a Nazi concentration camp. People like I.B. Singer give me hope for the future of human and animal rights. He truly is an amazing writer.

July 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM

• Thank you for your comment. Yes, Singer does give one hope and, yes, I do believe his parents were killed in a concentration camp. Man’s behavior to animals is appalling. I have a soft spot for whales who seem to be so loving towards man though man is so hateful and despicable towards them!!

July 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM

• klacierthevegetariansnowleopard

I used to get Peter Singer and Issac Singer confused, but both writers are animal activists, writers and apparently of Jewish heritage. I agree. Until we learn to stop killing ourselves and other animals in this world, we will never truly be civilized. Humanity can only move forward, and to move forward is to extend our circle of compassion.

July 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

• Thank you for your comment. I totally agree. I am not a vegan though– at least not yet.

July 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM