An Insecure Security

on the metal roof

a tymphanic symphony

outside the window

a masterpiece of color

yellow walnut leaves

and red sugar maple

the steady drip-drop of water

what bliss is this

precious moments of Now

a heavenly haven

from a frightening, tipsy-turvy world

I wish to always be

in your aura of calm

and the beauteous bounty of Nature

for sure

death will come

please take us together

find us in each other’s arms

blessed bliss

pure peace

true security

the everlasting Now

only exist

in the presence of God.

*German word meaning “coziness”.

1. Caddo

I LOVE this, Ellen–wow, what fine imagery, beautiful mood and rhythm; very, very nice work!

October 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

• Thank you so much, Caddo. A little grim but well… I have not forgotten you– am behind in my reading blogs of friends. I have taken on too much but I will get to yours soon. xx ellen God bless you.

October 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

• Caddo

Don’t ever worry about it, with me, Ellen–take your time, Rest in Him.

October 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

2. Just lovely Ellen!

October 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

• Thank you, Stina. A little grim but realistic. I have been thinking about what I said to you last– saying to try to think of one good thing a day. This is not so easy when you are in the midst of things. I forget, too. My husband tells me to do one thing a day that will bring you joy of some sort. I think that is better. And meditation. I can’t get my husband to do it. Although the way he listens to music is a form of meditation. It is really good for the body AND mind.

October 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

• I always appreciate your words of wisdom Ellen! I think it is a wonderful thing to do, making an effort to either find joy in or create joy in each day. Thank you for all that you do for me my dear friend!

October 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

• It is very little but you are very welcome!

October 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM

3. God bless the Now for all of us

October 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

4. a melancholic but moody and very beautiful poem of love and of autumn. It’s so allegorical, I really heard the rain drop as it does right now here and I’m not able to do such beautiful poems. Warmest regards Mitza

October 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM

• Thanks so much, Mitza. You are very kind. You do beautiful photographs, jewelry and paintings– much I cannot do. Blessings for your good spirit, Ellen

October 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM