How Trump Showed Me I was Behind Bars

P1080675A letter to my dear friend…
Hi Anjali,
Don’t know how you are doing but I am out of control.  Tears and anger.  Never thought I was a feminist but now I feel like raging against the white male political establishment just as I  always raged against the white male medical establishment.  Trying not to take this out on Tom but he has treated me like a defective person at times, too.  A neighbor was raging against Trump today and I got all riled up again.  But he listened to Tom, not to me although I said the very same things. The more I think about this the more I think women are dumped on as much as, or perhaps even more so, than  blacks.  I am furious that the FBI investigator Comey got away with what he did though I think Hillary will make a case against him.  I am furious that no one listened to Obama.  That rural white women listened to their husbands and obeyed them.  I kept the word “obey” out of the marriage vows with Tom.  We wrote our own ceremony.  I am furious at my uncle asked me who I was voting for and furious at myself for telling him though I knew he was voting for Trump.  I am furious for him calling my candidate “crooked Hillary”.  I am furious that my friend John, with whom I thought shared the same values called the Clintons crooks, and that he, as a Columbia educated white male whom I helped through medical school, should be for the evil that is Trump.  I am furious that our male Latino super thinks he is playing me as a fool and treats me as a nice half wit.
  I am mad as hell!!  Sorry for the rant but I am a fool.  I didn’t know I was a feminist.  Now feminism is raging inside me.  Trump treated Hillary so badly.  It should be vindicated.  And instead it is cheered on by the red necks, the majority of white rural males.  Yes, even the police and the fire fighters, as courageous as they are, feed into the culture of male dominance.
Can you relate to any of this?  Are you feeling sad, mad, sick?
Excuse the very long rant.  I feel like I may explode.
Hope you are relaxing with John and not in the state I am in.
Ellen

1. From far away, I see that the U in UK has become a D for Dual kingdom, and over the altlantic, the U has gone completely, leaving us with the S.A., 80 years ago also known as the “Sturm Abteilung” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung)

Liked by 1 person

November 14, 2016 at 4:33 PM

• Yes, the likeness to Hitler, especially Trump’s choice today of Steve Bannon whom the white supremacists and other anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim groups exonerate. This is making me sick. It is terrifying school children and Muslims and African Americans. “Ghouliani” (Giuliani) is another racial profiling Republican, former mayor of NYC,Trump will likely pick. I was scared when Brexit happened, sure that it portend ill for the USA. Thank you for caring. It affects all countries.

Liked by 1 person

November 14, 2016 at 8:44 PM

2. Concerning Feminism — yes, yes and yes — when women get equal rights, when the girls get a proper education, and can get a decent job, wherever on this earth, peace arrives, and welfare.

Liked by 1 person

November 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM

• Thank you, Bert! I never was much for feminism– I had the wool pulled over my eyes. But now I can see and what I see is really ugly and vile. Say a prayer for the world. This can affect us all.

Liked by 1 person

November 14, 2016 at 8:49 PM

3. Dear Ellen. That man Trump is the epitome of all that I find offensive. I am horrified that so many people made a vote for hate and it frightens me. It will have far reaching, worldwide ramifications. I feel a little bit better when I think about how many people did NOT vote for hate – more in fact than those who did. There is something good coming though – the voices of the oppressed are becoming louder. Your letter is an example of that. Sending love, hugs, and solidarity. x o x

Liked by 1 person

November 14, 2016 at 11:51 PM

• Thank you so much for your support! If you feel the fear and hate all the way across oceans and continents, imagine what it is like here! I have always detested the man even before he went into politics. We are in for some very hard times. And it will affect the whole world. Thank you for writing, Ashley! As always, you come through. ooxx ellen

November 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM

4. as i listen and watch responses to trump…i need to believe as a Canadian that there are many many awake people in the US….and that they will be heard/seen…i wonder if trump will actually ‘be’ president…maybe…or not…who knows…i look to people who create humour was they put an awake look/listen on this being who wanting to be USA president…can’t imagine people will agree to letting him boss them around…but i don’t know…times will be interesting…i send love and joy…and a smile for goodness 😀 http://video.usmagazine.com/previews/PGfaXYN6-qInh6Xrr

December 5, 2016 at 11:04 AM

• Sorry, I just found this comment. I have been more or less sick ever since Trump won the election. Thank you for your comment and the link. I am praying that when the Electoral College votes this Monday to finalize the election, the outcome will be different. It is too, too bad with him as our next president!!

Liked by 1 person

December 17, 2016 at 2:50 PM

• no worries Ellen…it’s too much…it’s like bad netflix series…i have no words…seems Trump is another distraction as i look across the pond…and i mean funny only until his plans happen…i don’t know…i took a news break this past days…only music…i do wonder…smiles stay strong and happy! 🙂 hedy

Liked by 1 person