Abandoned by life

choked by overgrowth of unkempt green

once upon a time

breathing, seething with energy

steaming with the hot breath of cattle

teaming with the tenuous tenure of life

Your body long gone

your loving heart now ashes

your caring now a memory

which nothing can erase

and time cannot erode.

How I long for thee

though a mere thin veil

separates your spirit from me

small comfort

when I miss thee mightily.

1. Ellen, that’s again a beautiful photo and poem! Right on! Regards Mitza

August 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM

• Thank you so much, Mitza. Very glad it spoke to you! 🙂 ellen

August 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

2. Beautiful post! I want to linger here, Ellen.

Blessings ~ Wendy

August 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM

• Thank you so very much for your lovely comment, Wendy. Blessings to you as well, Ellen

August 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM

3. Wow, what a beautiful poem, Ellen–I got so caught up in it that I could smell the smells. The last stanza echoes in my heart, especially.

August 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM

• Thank you, Bennetta!! Means a lot at this time. You are always so responsive. God bless YOU big as you always say.

August 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

• You know I wonder about that some times–why I bother being so responsive; doesn’t seem to be the norm. So–are you havin’ a rough summer? No need for details, I’ll just be lifting you up in BIG prayers–bless you with same.

August 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM

• So in answer to your question about this summer– been tough. My husband having problems with his job and I hope not serious problems with his health. And other stuff.
      How is the summer treating YOU??? I am sorry if I have not been as responsive. Will try harder. Have added you to my prayer list.
      Thank you for your responsiveness and blessings.

August 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM

• Please know that my words were not meant to complain, or solicit responses–I guess I’m just weird, that I tend to be more interactive than many bloggers I’ve “met”. And it does cost me sometimes. I’m keeping you and your husband close in my heart and prayers, and I thank you for your prayers–summer has been too loud and full of turmoiled unrest here. Seasons–they come and go, don’t they. Bless you.

August 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

• You’re not “weird”– just more giving. I try but find it hard to address all I read on WP. It eats up lots of time as I am following a lot of people–so many I have not even updated the list on my blog. Sometimes I think I have over-reached.

August 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

• It’s true that blogging can become a full-time job, and devour your day fast; easy to over-reach. People do drop off after awhile–most people don’t blog daily, particularly if they have “real” lives to attend to.

August 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM

4. magnificent lament

August 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

• Second try at sending this comment. You are one of the top responsive writers and poets. I am sorry if I haven’t been to you– will try harder to keep up. Didn’t even blog for a long time. A tough summer. Just hoping my husband will be okay. Hopefully nothing serious. Lots of stuff going on. How is YOUR summer going? I am going to add YOU to my prayer list right now. Thanks for all, especially the blessings! You have a grand heart.

August 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

• please don’t apologize for life – your husband and you have my prayers, as well Ellen

August 4, 2013 at 5:46 AM

• Thank you so much, Paul. You are a treasure!

August 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM

5. I can feel the emotions that run deep in this poem, Ellen. Beautiful piece. Blessings, Dee

August 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Loss is devastating. Touching poem and photo, Ellen.

August 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

• Thank you so much, Genie. Devastating, yes, but better than not having loved at all.

August 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM